State of Mind is a new story-driven adventure game from the amazing team at Daedalic Entertainment. Set in Belin, 2048 – The world is on the brink of destruction with the lack of resources, people constantly becoming ill over the pollution, local crime is at it’s highest and people are constantly at war with one another. Richard Nolan, our protagonist, is a journalist who is very outright and open about his criticisms regarding new processes and technologies which have come into play in order to try and remedy these events.
Shortly after an explosion occurred, Richard awakes to find that his wife and son had mysteriously vanished and he won’t rest until he had uncovered the truth behind what has happened to them. Watch as this domestic drama evolves into a thriller involving a worldwide conspiracy, which ultimately is trying to determine the fate of humanity. Could AI be the saviour of the human race and the world, or will it simply make every one of us dispensable? State of Mind will take you on a journey where a dystopian reality and digital utopia become one in this multi-layered sci-fi adventure.
As this is one of our video reviews, please check out Amy’s (@ZweShock) video below which gives you an overview of the game along with her thoughts and a bit of gameplay footage.
Features of State of Mind:
• Experience an alarmingly realistic vision of the near future.
• Dive into a multi-layered Sci-Fi thriller, where dystopian reality and digital utopia are intertwined.
• Unravel a global conspiracy in a society of ubiquitous digitalism, surveillance and transhumanism.
• Explore a world with a rich and unique visual style, combining realistic environments with low-poly characters.
• Take on the role of journalist Richard Nolan, as well as five additional playable characters.
• Use dexterity, deduction skills and research to reconstruct Richard’s past.
Out now on PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC